Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ok, I do love this place...

After a stressful week that drove me to tears yesterday, I remembered today why I love where I work. Over 50 people from five departments gathered in one room to surprise me with a baby shower, complete with a pot-luck breakfast, gifts and cake! So much fun!

I have to say, it's nice to work at a place that values the family dynamic. Did I mention there are 12 women who are pregnant right now? Several of which are due any day now. It's a sight walking down the halls for sure. Bellies, bellies, everywhere. In fact, I fully expect to see at least one co-worker in the hospital delivering while we're delivering.

With all these moms, there have been a ton of baby showers, but I'll have to say, I'm pretty sure ours trumped them all. Probably because with the jobs Jamie and I do, we interact with a lot of different departments, in addition to our own home departments. In other words, we have a lot of friends who are very interested in our little man! This baby is not only our new addition, but also a unique new addition to our work family. We can't wait to introduce him to everyone!

No comments: