Saturday, December 13, 2008

Call Me Mrs. Clause

While riding home from church last Sunday, I realized that I have quite a few things in common with ol' St. Nick. The whole conversation started when I began to hold my belly as we hit a few bumps in the road. It went something like this...

Jamie: "Is he kicking?"
Me: "No, my belly is just jiggling..."
Jamie: "Oh, like a barrel full of pudding?"
Me: "Uh, well, sort of..."
Me: "...it's more like a bowl full of jelly!"
(Laughter)
Me: "Yeah, I'm just like Santa, both of our bellies jiggle like a bowl full of jelly!!"
More laughter, then driving for a little bit more...
A few minutes later...
Me: "You know... I actually have quite a few things in common with Santa."

And that's how the list began. So, here they are... all my similarities with Santa:

- A belly that jiggles like a bowl full of jelly
- An insane & totally unhealthy love for cookies and milk
- Rosy red cheeks, thanks to the new mommy glow, also known as hot flashes.
- I am now responsible for at least one elf... no, not Jamie, haha!
- I'm pretty sure I'll need a magical sleigh equipped with flying reindeer to haul me around by the time May gets here.
- I have been making a list and checking it twice!

So, there you have it! Maybe I'm Santa in disguise?! You never know! :)

No comments: