Monday, December 15, 2008

Home Sweet Home

It's official!!! We now have the keys to our very first house!! We couldn't be more excited or relieved. It's been a long, arduous process, but with a very sweet ending: home-sweet-home. Not just another apartment, but OUR place, where we can do whatever we want without hearing dogs trample above us, fight for a parking spot at night, or settle for out-of-date appliances. Now, that's what I call sweet.

Of course, you can't be a home owner without visiting a big-box home improvement store, right? So, immediately after we closed, we headed back to the house and made a list of things we needed. Because the list included re-keying all the locks, Jamie stayed behind to man the house while I drove up the street to Lowe's. After finding the light bulbs, caulk, air filters and getting the locks re-keyed, I headed back home. As the doors opened to the parking lot, I was awestruck by the biggest, brightest, full, double rainbow I've ever seen. I still can't describe how perfect this rainbow was. I know, it sounds too good to be true. But I stood there, locks in hand, in awe of the gift God had just given me. ...yet another confirmation that this is where we exactly where God wants us. And, that is sweeter than anything else. Here are pics taken from my phone. Sorry for the low quality - I'm hoping to get a nice new phone for Christmas... hint, hint Jamie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie and Allison,

We are so happy for you two!! We know how long you have wanted a place of your own. What a great confirmation for God!! Isn't He awesome?! Now take it slow, don't overdue and we will be there to help this Saturday.

All our Love,
Mom and Dad C.