Monday, June 22, 2009

FTM Syndrome

Today, I took Hunter to the doctor to check on a few issues. There were only two things I really wanted the doctor to look at, but of course I took the opportunity to make a laundry list of other concerns. My thought is, hey, if I've got to pay a copay, I'm going to get my money's worth!

When the nurse called us back, I had to explain what was going on with Hunter. This is when it happened. As I ran through my laundry list with the nurse, she had this look on her face and that's when I realized what was happening... I was coming down with a bad case of FTM Syndrome - something I promised myself I wouldn't do - EVER. There I sat with my First Time Mom Syndrome flaring up despite my best intentions to avoid it. I had promised myself I wouldn't be THAT mom, you know the annoying one who worries over everything?

The good news is that all of Hunter's ailments were actually symptoms of my FTM Syndrome. He's totally fine. Me, on the other hand, I'm still looking for a cure. Unfortunately, I think the only cure is to have more kids. Oh dear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's OK! All new Moms go through it. This to shall pass. Hang in there! Love ya.

Marilyn