Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Extendo-belts & Safety pins

So, I'm not really "showing" yet. As in, if you didn't know I was pregnant, you probably wouldn't know... You might just think I was a little chunky. But I know. And all my pants know, too. My jeans, my dress slacks, my skirts, anything with a waistband, they all know, and they are getting tired of being cinched and pinned and lassoed with my new found friend, the extendo-belt. Sure, it has a cute name like bella belly belt or something like that, but it's really just a clever snappy thing that corrals your two closest belt loops and cinches the un-buttonable. But what about those pants that don't have belt loops, you ask? This is where the almighty safety pin comes into play. One, two, sometimes three or more are needed to ensure a smooth-appearing waistband... add a long top to cover those shiny give-aways and voila! maternity-shmaternity. Who needs maternity clothes?!

There's just one problem... yesterday, the unthinkable happened. My beloved casual-but still dressy enough for work-comfortable-black pants not only refused to button.... they wouldn't even zip up! This can't happen at only 9 weeks!!! What's gonna happen at 20 weeks... or even worse... 40?!?!?! Guess I should start cutting back on the Bojangles french fries and boiled peanuts...

No comments: