Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Recipe for a Happy Mama

2 slices of honey wheat bread
2 slices BBQ chicken breast
2 slices of Honey Ham
1 slice Muenster cheese
two big fat slices of tomato
Kosher dill Pickles
Mayo on both sides
Salt & Pepper to taste

Yep, it's a sandwich, the ingredients for which cost $17.42 at Target on my way home tonight. But, this wasn't just any sandwich. This is the sandwich I've been fantasizing about since 11:25am, when my coworker unpacked her lunch, and proceeded to enjoy a similar spread as I sat and worked, stomach growling, waiting for a more reasonable time to eat lunch.

You see, if I ate lunch when I actually started getting hungry, I'd be chowing down at 10:00am every day. Do you know how long the rest of your day feels when you eat lunch at 10:00am?!?! Very, very long.

So, I waited until 12:30pm, proceeded to Arby's thinking I could get a delicious market fresh sandwich to curb my craving. But, no, it couldn't be that easy. Arby's was out of the sandwich I wanted, so I settled for a chicken club and fries, which, of course tasted terrible, as everything does, until you feed a craving.

But, not to worry, at 7:35pm tonight, after cheerful banter with the deli guy and a mad dash around the grocery aisles, I had my sandwich. My glorious sandwich. And, now, I am one happy mama.

No comments: