Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Announcement

Late Breaking News...

Dr. Seven Kids is no more. He has a new name, now. Dr. Eight Kids. Seems his wife is due with Ocho in June and we're just now finding out. I'm hurt to say the least, considering all the life-altering details we've shared with him, and he keeps this from us?! I mean really.

Of course I'm kidding. He's still my favorite doctor, despite his less-than-open policy. Those of you who have known me for more than half-a-second, know that sometimes I don't exactly say the most appropriate thing at the most appropriate time. And, as soon as Dr. Eight Kids mentioned his wife was due in June, I immediately blurted out "Another one?!!?" ...and then I proceeded to immediately remove my foot from my mouth. Sheesh, Allison. "Congratulations" would have been the appropriate thing to say... oh well. Blame it on the baby brain.

All in all, the appointment went well. It seems my intense swelling is completely normal and our little guy is head-down and getting ready to go. His heartbeat is fluttering just fine and my belly is measuring perfectly on schedule - right at 35 cm, one centimeter for each week. 40 weeks, here we come!!!

No comments: